|Need a price? Contact Us
The Straightpoint COLT is a lightweight wire rope tension meter or shunt tension meter for fast and accurate measurement of tensions up to 11,000lb or 5000 kg and up to 1” or 25mm diameter.
Manufactured using an integral, high-accuracy, Bluetooth module the COLT transmits load data wirelessly to any smart device running our Android or iOS app.
The latest COLT App has two key modes, one for measuring tension on static wire rope lines and the other for the installation, repair and maintenance of elevator cars.
Wire Rope Mode:
• Records GPS coordinates
• Logs the local temperature and wind speed from the local NOAA
• Multi anchor data logging with camera mode for a photo on your report
• Car weighing – measure tension on each cable and automatically calculate car weight
• Car balancing – measure and calculate the balance of load across up to 10 cables
Multiple drop tested from 3 metres or 10 feet.
Constructed from aerospace-grade aluminium the COLT digital tensiometer is lightweight and easy to handle and operates on wires that are already under tension. Once in place, it allows the operator to quickly check tension on cables or wire ropes set at any angle. A built-in magnetic smart device holder allows the COLT to be used as a traditional tension meter with an onboard display or the smartphone can be handheld or mounted elsewhere.
Supplied in a purpose-made carry case the COLT is portable and with standard alkaline batteries making this perfect for on-site cable tension measurement across the world.
The included calibration verification tool (CVT) allows the operator to self-check & verify calibration accuracy in the field if required.
- Unlimited wire rope calibration database via Android or iOS app
- Main swivel joints fitted with high-quality bearings
- Lever ratio of 5.3:1 allows effortless, safe, clamping onto pre-tensioned wire ropes
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 enables the operator to stand at a safe distance of up to 328 feet or 100 metres
- Quick intuitive adjustable centre sheave makes changing wire rope sizes fast and easy
- No easily broken external antennae
- High waterproof resistant design IP67 or NEMA6 for all-weather use
- Massive battery life of 1000 hours of operational time
- As the library of wire rope diameters and constructions is increased each app user will benefit when they update and receive any new data.
- Cable gauge and verification rod included.
- Guy wire maintenance on cell towers, bridges, flare stacks, antennas & masts
- .Elevator car weighing and wire rope balancing
- Guy wire Tower Plumb & Tension
- EHS guy wire, Turnbuckle tensioner.
- Wire rope installations, comparing, equalising & measuring
- Architectural wire rope installations
- Median cable barrier tensioning
- Utility cable overhead line monitoring
- Zip lines & assault course testing
- Fall arrest systems
- Metro, tram and rail transit electric wires & catenary testing
- Ski lifts
- Wire rope tie-downs on vessels (using Tirfor)
- Testing tension of ship mast wire ropes.
- Tensioned trellis systems
- Measuring Line Sag
- Proof test certificate
- Operator Manual
- Robust Peli-type carry/storage case
- 2-year warranty
- COLT verification tool (CVT) to ensure the COLTS accuracy measurements are as accurate as possible